Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this position provides a full range of counseling and case management services to residents at a facility. The intern participates in the planning, organization delivery of cross-disciplinary services such as case work and counseling.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns GEO mission as it pertains to incarcerated individuals that are in treatment for purpose of reentry and community transitions.
- Develop working knowledge of ASAM level of care, Stages of Change, ASI and COMPAS assessments.
- Develop a working knowledge of Therapeutic Community modality and concepts.
- Files, prepares charts, archive files, assist with documentation and performs data entry as assigned
- Under the direct supervision and staff assistance will participate, plan and help facility psycho-educational groups and seminars as assigned.
- Assists with Intake
- Participates in meetings, clinical staffings, and trainings as assigned
- Interviews residents and reviews pertinent documentation to obtain information needed for intake and development of residential treatment plans.
- Discusses progress toward goals with client and therapist
- Observes, participates and engages, under direct supervision, group and individual therapy.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in cooperative spirit
- Adheres to attendance policy
- Complies with safety rules; acts to ensure work is performed safely
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Other duties as assigned.