Must take a personal and active approach to health, safety and environment and understand and follow all state, federal and company health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the work area and tasks assigned.
Summary of Position:
This position will safely perform welding repairs on mining equipment and components.
* Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization's goals and objectives.
* Actively participate in safety meetings, pre-task risk assessments and safe work procedures.
* Follow proper repair procedures for task preparation, repair and completion (pre-heat, post-heat).
* Perform weld repairs and fabrication ensuring quality and workmanship.
* Maintain a clean and organized work area.
* Ability to read prints, lay-out and fabricate projects from start to finish.
* Communicate and perform duties to provide information with planning and completion of tasks.
* Operate various types of shop equipment such as floor sweepers, bobcats, fork lifts, hand tools, overhead cranes, welding and cutting equipment, hydraulic rams.
* Candidates may be subject to skills testing as part of the interview process.
* Technical or practical training in the welding field.
* High school diploma/GED preferred.
* Candidates who have completed formal training courses or related degree program preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to continuously kneel or crouch; frequently climb ladders and crawl; and occasionally climb stairs and squat. The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 61 pounds, right carry up to 22 pounds; and rarely lift, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds rarely while lying on the back. The employee is required to occasionally push up to 80 pounds of force and pull up to 55 pounds of force horizontally; rarely push up to 100 pounds of force horizontally and up to 55 pounds of force vertically; rarely rotate with 20 pounds of force or swing up to 12 pounds. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; occasionally with a static hand grip of 33 pounds of force; and rarely at an elevated levels. Occasionally the employee is required to sit with frequent forward bending and rarely rotation. Frequently the employee is required to walk; shovel; and to stand with forward bending. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: Works in site environments on rotating shifts with variable hours. Working outdoors in all weather conditions; working in plant environment; working in shop environment; and working in the cab of equipment or vehicle.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently with or without accommodation. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The above job profile reflects the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties and responsibilities may be expected based on operational and departmental needs.
Associated topics: fitter, gmaw, grinder, iron, ironworker, metal, metal inert gas, railing, spot weld, weld